Please make sure that you read the tutorial fully, and also all the notes that I have in the folders. If you’re still confused just ask me.
But do not ask me how to create themes, how to create div containers, how to change colors, add pictures, etc. If you any have knowledge about css and html, then you really shouldn’t be asking me any questions
EDIT: You have to name your main div layer #content. YOU HAVE TO!
How to get Adobe Illustrator CS6 Free:
[Disclaimer: This tutorial will only work for Windows]
Things you’ll need:
• An Adobe account // you can also use an account I created
username: email@example.com | password: adobehelp
or you can sing up here *PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE THE PASSWORD NOR EMAIL OF THIS ACCOUNT, (or i will personally hunt you down) THANK YOU ^^;
• Adobe Illustrator CS6 set-up file
[you can download it from the official site here and log-in using the email and password provided above or with your own account]
Box: ZIP | RAR
**NOTE: I can only provide the set-up for Illustator, take into account that it might NOT work for everyone. Which is why I’m providing you with the adobe account.
Things to remember during the set-up:
• It will ask you for your account info about 3 times during the entire installation process.
• You must install as a trial, because I WON’T be providing you with a serial number.
I will now try to walk you through the installation process (please observe as i fail).
How to Install Illustrator:
(if you know how to install it, feel free to skip these steps. just make sure is installed as a trial.)
*Click on the links for visuals.
• Go to the Adobe Official site (if the set-up file I provided didn’t work) and click on download.
• Once the file has finished downloading, the Adobe Download Assistant will open, enter your email and password (or use the one provided above).
- If you can’t find Illustrator, look at the All Products column in the Show Me section select Desing and click on download Illustrator. -
• The downloading takes approximately 2 hours.
• Click on the Set-Up file, a box will pop-up (it usually takes about 2-3 minutes to finish)
• Click on “Try: I want to try Adobe Illustrator CS6 for a limited time”.
• Accept the Adobe Software License Agreement.
• Sing in.
• You’ll have the options to choose what to install (you can install both or just one depending of your operating system: computer> right click > properties > system type)
• Finish the installation, this will take another 30-35 minutes.
Now that you have Photoshop installed, lets get to the amtlib.dll
• Go to your “Computer” located in your Start Menu.
• In your “Hard Disk Drives”, click on Local Disk (C:).
• Locate your “Program Files” folder and click on the one corresponding to your system .
- For some of you there might be two folders, I clicked on Program Files. But again this depends on the system your computer is operating. If you choose to install both versions of Illustrator you can add the amtlib.dll to both folders: Program Files and Program Files (x86) -
*NOTE: My computer is operating on 64 bit.
• Locate the “Adobe” folder, open it.
• Locate the Adobe Illustrator CS6 (64 bit) or Adobe Illustrator CS6 and open it.
• Click on Support Files.
• Click on Contents.
• And finally Windows.
• Locate the amtlib.dll file.
*NOTE: You can either rename your amtlib.dll to amtlib1.dll or replace the files. I would personally recommend you to rename it, that way if you decide you want to buy Illustrator you can just erase the amtlib.dll and rename the amtlib1.dll back to its original name.
• If you decided to rename your amtlib.dll you should have two .dll files, it should look like this. (your folder should contain both the amtlib.dll and the amtlib1.dll)
For some reason when I opened Illustrator the loading logo says “Tryout”. If when Illustrator finishes loading it asks you for a serial number or to continue as a trial, the tutorial didn’t work. Sadly. ;__;
Ways of knowing if the tutorial worked/didn’t worked:
Open Illustrator and click on the Help menu.
When it doesn’t work your Help menu would look like this and when it does work it would look like this. As you can see when it works you can click on the Product Registration option ^^.
[Here is a F.A.Q post, because on my last tutorial I got a lot of repetitive questions and it should be helpful for both you and me. Please make sure to read it, your question might already have an answer. Also be sure to check my q.a tag, you might also find your answer there. ^^;]
That is all, have fun and enjoy :D
Here’s nine of the thirty slides I came up with for a poster-making workshop I was hired to give at the very last minute. Not very professional of the org, but I was bored enough to agree and hey, I got a free shirt!
Some basic rules of poster-making. I was actually expected to teach step-by-step Photoshop basics, but from experience, I know that two hours is insufficient to retain anything gleaned from watching somebody do their own version of a tedious process. There are many ways to get the same result on Photoshop, so rather than teaching the attendees technical work, I opted to teach them design basics.
I also taught the attendees “In der Beschränkung…” which has sort of transformed into my mantra. It’s generally regarded to mean “less is more” but what it really means is that masterful work reveals itself when perfection is attained within limits.
Ideally this means that perfection is when all elements in place are vital in such a way as to take out one element would be to destroy the balance of things.
Sometimes, however, I take “Beschränkung” to mean less of an effort. As in, do the best job you can possibly do with as little effort as you can manage.
Not a very good philosophy to live by, but I can manage.
➨ Create an Ice Cream Type Treatment in Photoshop by Sebastiano Guerriero
Time it took me (for one letter) : 1h30min.
- The Burn/Dodge tool really helps to create a 3D effect
- Try following the shape/curves od the letter for the Burn/Dodge tool and when drawing the drops
- My result is a “G, it isn’t very good, sorry.
I followed this tutorial like years ago, but I think it’s a good one if you are starting with photoshop, especially to learn some little techniques, like Ctrl + Click the Layer Thumbnail in the Layers Palette to create a selection of the layer contents.
Program used : Photoshop CS5 || Font used : Geared Slab
- White text/Black Backgorund :
- Type your text.
- Duplicate the text twice.
- Fist Copy : Right Click > Blending options
- Uncheck R and V. Ok.
- Move your Blue text a bit to the left.
- Second Copy : Right Click > Blending options
- Uncheck B and V. Ok.
- Move your Red text a bit to the right.
- Black text/White Backgorund :
- Type your text, set the blending mode to Darken.
- Right Click > Blending options
- Uncheck B Ok.
- Duplicate your text.
- The Duplicata : Right Click > Blending options
- Uncheck R. Ok.
- Move your Duplicata text a bit to the right.
By no means am I a professional in the web design or typography field. The following is just a tutorial on the basics (from my experience) on how to incorporate fonts in web design (in particular, website layouts and tumblr themes). Also, these are basics… conventions I started out with, and now, I’ve developed a sort of style/instinct of font combinations that I feel are aesthetically pleasing so not all of my current designs actually follow these rules.
When I’m choosing which fonts to use in a website design or tumblr theme, I consider two things, the category and character widths.
Well, i got some asks about my desktop and it’s a custom theme for windows, it’s Hina who introduced me to them ^^
- Follow this tutorial to allow you to use custom theme.
- For the theme, i installed Rainmeter.
- And the Enigma theme.
I still don’t know a lot about those themes though so please don’t
sue blame me if it brings trouble to your computer, Install it at your own risk.
I’m originally a “gif-maker” and I only recently learned about using KM Player to screencap, wich is the best thing that ever happened to me, especially with mkv files because VLC is lagging when using “frame to frame”. So here is how I proceed.
- Download KM Player & Install it.
- Create a Folder on your Desktop (I named it KM Caps)
- Open your video using KM player, Pause at the moment you’ll start screencaping
- CTRL+G, a window opens, set it this way :
- Extract to: your folder on Desktop
- Method: only video image (I don’t need the subs)
- Numbers to extract: Continuously
- Size to extract: Original Size
- Every fame : 3 Every # frame *
- Click Start
- Click Play
- Click Stop when your sequence to be capped is done.
- You can open your Folder to check and/or Delete the usesless caps.
* : It means that only 1 of 3 frames will be capped, if your sequence to screencap is short you can reduce it to 2 so 1 of 2 frames will be capped. With 1 of 3 frames, I usually set the animation delay from 0,13 sec to 0,15 sec. With 1 of 2 frames; 0,07sec to 0,09sec.